Re: Slow internet speed

From: Jules Mike Giovanni <johnally_at_eml.cc>
Date: Wed, 09 Mar 2016 05:50:45 -0800

Hi,

> Note that the message says *reverting to you at the earliest* and it's
been now 3 days since I am waiting for an answer.

I was just advising someone on lodging a complaint with Orange. He badly
needs his connection for work and I was torn on the medium on which I
should advise him to make the complaint. In the end, I chose "over the
phone" because seeing how non responsive Orange can be over e-mail.

Why is their response over the e-mail that slow? Are they themselves
having internet issues?

> I tried calling the customer support today at 2PM. The
      person told me that he 'resetted' my connection "à distance".

It seems to be their go-to solution and I'm really curious what they
mean by "reset connection remotely". What is really happening here? and
why most of the time it seems to solve the issue at hand? hmm...

> UPDATE - 16 HR 55:  I just got it again. Twitter &
      Facebook are taking too much time to load.

It seems to be recurring and last for about 2-3 hours then with a
reboot of the router seems to be fine. I did not experience it prior to
today however.

> But i'm still getting spikes and delays every now and then. Refreshing
> the web page seems to do the trick on my side.

The connection is indeed less stable than usual. Only some webpages load
fine while others stagger. I am happy to report that Orange.mu loads
just fine.

Regards, Mike

--
http://www.fastmail.com - Or how I learned to stop worrying and