Issue of National Identity Card

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2016 22:20:20 -0800

Dear Sir/Madam,

According to
http://csd.pmo.govmu.org/English/AboutUs/Pages/Registrar's-Message.aspx
the "website is one of the platforms to promote communication and
dissemination of information" and "the public will find it a good
source to know about the services". I have been searching for
information about the procedure for the issue of a National Identity
Card and the collection and processing of personal data, including
biometric data. I unfortunately could not find any information about
that. I am contacting you as the Civil Status Division is the data
controller for the National Identity Card.

The document at
http://csd.pmo.govmu.org/English/registrar/Documents/charter.pdf
states that a National Identity Card is available instantly on
production of the following documents: Application Form, Printed
Birth certificate. I could not find any information about the
procedure for the issue of a National Identity Card. I would be
grateful if you could describe the procedure so that I can understand:

   (a) what personal data will be collected.

   (b) the purpose for which the personal data is being collected.

   (c) whether the supply of biometric data is voluntary or mandatory.

   (d) whether the consent of the person requesting a National Identity Card
      is required for the processing of the person's biometric data.