RE: Invitation to a One-day Workshop on 'The Model Law on Access to Information'

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2016 08:07:28 -0800

Hi Shelly,
At 07:15 27-02-2016, Shelly Hermia Bhujun wrote:
>We have the same problem in Mauritius, people are scared to voice
>out their opinion because they are scared to lose their job,
>families, freedom and so on. I hope it will be better.

A person representing a trade union and a few other persons from NGOs
(two of them were about the public health services) were open in
expressing their concerns. There was an informal comment about young
people not being interested in NGOs.

>Please share the report on the mailing list when you get it as I
>would like to read the report.

I'll do that once I receive a report. I forgot to mention that a
document about the Tshwane Principles (
https://archive.org/details/GlobalPrinciplesonNationalSecurityandtheRighttoInformationtheTshwanePrinciples
) was given to the participants.

>I cannot access the slides.

Sorry about that, I forgot to upload them:

http://www.elandsys.com/~sm/access-to-information-AVIEWFROMTHEINSIDE.pptx
http://www.elandsys.com/~sm/access-to-information-GlobalandRegional.pptx
http://www.elandsys.com/~sm/access-to-information-GlobalBestPractice.pptx