Re: Promoting the interest of consumers

From: Jules Mike Giovanni <johnally_at_eml.cc>
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2016 13:29:44 -0800

Hi Ish, Loganaden, Fabrice Alladee-Blatch,

I'm sending this e-mail to the three of you because I expect each one of
you to have answers to my concerns.

> A person from the Joint Economic
Council at the beginning of 2015 requested that we, members of the ICT
Advisory Council, be provided with a dashboard of info which we can
consult. I backed the request. The year 2015 went by and nothing was
achieved in that sense.

Lately, I've been complaining a lot about the lack of transparency that
exist in Mauritius from some authorities. I want to rest assure that
this is not the case for the ICT Advisory Council as I have a strong
feeling that the work is NOT being done. However, I might be wrong. In
effect, will it be possible to get a report of the work that the ICT
Advisory Council has been doing over the year 2015?

I, personally, think that some people on this mailing list do not have a
strong grasp about the duties that you guys have as members of the ICT
Advisory Council, so can you please highlight what you are supposed to
do versus what is actually being done? Moreover, are you being paid as a
member of the ICT Advisory Council?

> I find myself most of the time confronting deaf ears when I make
requests for information.

Frankly, a consumer does not care about the internal dilemmas of an
organisation when his/her needs are not met. You are hopefully, three
beings that can work towards getting those deaf ears to understand
that the consumers are not happy and this is what we expect to be done
from you guys.

If no relevant work is being done so far by the ICT Advisory Council,
can we expect any work to be done for the year 2016 and if so what work?
What are the objectives for the year 2016 for the ICT Advisory Council?

Regards, Mike

--
http://www.fastmail.com - Does exactly what it says on the tin