Re: Startup ecosystem

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2016 00:29:22 -0800

Hi Vincent, Ish,
At 11:09 17-02-2016, vincent pollet wrote:
>You are 110% right ! we will not change the face of Mauritius in day
>with this startup event neither with the webcup or the Devcon or
>even with our respectives blogs. But be sure that another event
>(another blog post) will come after this one and another and another
>one and so on until we get where we want to be !
>
>Let's make it fun ! enjoy the playlist it is a good one ;)

I am waiting for Vincent to reply to the questions which I sent a day
or so ago. :-)

The group does things differently. For example, it welcomes
criticism and that is done in the open and not in secret. Would a
person who is used to following local tradition believe that? I
doubt it. The events which the group organizes or participates in
usually have an objective. There is an assessment to determine
whether the group has achieved anything. I'll comment about the
example which Ish mentioned. The presentation was not an event
organized by this group. That was because the project was initiated
as a personal activity and it would not be appropriate to "use" the
group to further the interests of a few persons. There was a
significant mistake in the presentation; that was my mistake.

I prefer an approach which is realistic instead of hoping that there
won't be any problem. In past discussions about events, the
discussions have helped in ensuring that someone within a team will
find a solution to a problem.

I'll ask Ish this question: should the group take credit or should it
take, for example, Rs 100,000 in sponsorship fees?