RE: Startup ecosystem

From: Shelly Hermia Bhujun <shelly_hermia_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2016 21:19:12 +0400

Hello Vincent,

Glad to read about the planning. Congrats with ict.io 'generating a lot of attention locally and abroad' :)

> Devcon is going to happen in April (venue and crowd solved), we could have a panel 6 to 8 people like the previous one.

It sounds good for marketing purposes. Devcon can be a good platform to promote the startup ecosystem event. Regarding the crowd, it depends on what you are expecting as audience. Do you want to interact with the audience, do you want them to share their thoughts on the event or is it going to be more like lecture type? There is normally more students attending such kind of events mainly because of their curious nature and for networking purpose.

I agree with what you suggested for the panel as it helps the audience to have a broader view on the topic and it is always interesting and inspiring to hear people share their experience.

>The topic should be something like "Mauritius Startup scene, let's make it happen" To
 be honest am a little bit tired about hearing what we don't have in
Mauritius, I would prefer to hear what we will do about it !

I really like the fact that you are focusing on the make it happen part! You are right, a lot of people tend to stress on what Mauritius lack instead of suggesting what we already have in order to make things better. I do not have any suggestion so far but I will be following up with the emails and hopefully the event.

Good work Vincent.

Kind regards,
Shelly
From: hello_at_ict.io
Date: Sat, 13 Feb 2016 20:42:18 +0400
Subject: Re: Startup ecosystem
To: shelly_hermia_at_hotmail.com
CC: sm+mu_at_elandsys.com; mauritius-internet-users_at_lists.elandnews.com

Hi SM and Shelly
I have been very busy, ict.io is generating a lot of attention locally and abroad. We are so happy :)
Regarding the Startup event, I took my time to think about it and this is what I propose to do.
Devcon is going to happen in April (venue and crowd solved), we could have a panel 6 to 8 people like the previous one.
I am thinking about people more involved into the startup scene, people like : Suyash document.mu Denis Lacour, la Plage Elisabeth, La Turbine Julien, ex. Expat-blog wesley oxeham, if he his around

but any others Mauritian startuper, or VC could be a great idea. We could also have startup from Reunion it could be fun
The topic should be something like "Mauritius Startup scene, let's make it happen"
To be honest am a little bit tired about hearing what we don't have in Mauritius, I would prefer to hear what we will do about it !
This is what I would like to see, but if you guys have any others good ideas let's hear them.
Have a great weekend, VINCENT POLLET | CO-FOUNDER

WWW.ICT.IO
EBENE CYBERCITY - MAURITIUS

e: hello_at_ict.io
m: +230 52520766
skype:vincent.pollet67

On 11 February 2016 at 22:45, Shelly Hermia Bhujun <shelly_hermia_at_hotmail.com> wrote:

Hello Vincent,

Rest assure that we are here to help you if you are having any difficulties regarding the follow-up on the startup ecosystem event. Like SM said, there are subscribers who are ready to volunteer and to help out.

Looking forward to get some update about the event.

Kind regards,

Shelly

Envoyé à partir de mon Windows Phone