Re: Internet Security Day

From: Ish Sookun <ish_at_lsl.digital>
Date: Sun, 7 Feb 2016 13:13:07 +0400

Hi SM, Shelly,

On 02/07/2016 11:35 AM, S Moonesamy wrote:

> I was contacted by a reporter about Internet Security Day. I'll comment
> as representative of the Mauritius Internet Users.
>
> Does you has an opinion about the internet in Mauritius currently and
> the risks to internet users which you would like me to mention?

I was contacted by the reporter too and I commented as a Linux Sysadmin
at La Sentinelle. I spoke briefly about the hostility of the internet
and the need for parental control for minors. That's all.

In recent times, we have seen more cases of sextortion being reported in
the press. Do we have any stats on such cyber crimes? The different
types of "arnaques" that exist on the web should be covered, though we
cannot cover all possible scenarios. Phishing is another important type
of crime that made victims recently.

I drink coffee and manage Linux servers for lexpress.mu