RE: Review of the Radio Plus debate themed "" Cybercriminalité : sommes -nous bien armés ?

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Feb 2016 12:04:57 -0800

Hi Hansley,

Welcome to the mailing list. :-)

At 08:34 03-02-2016, Hansley Chadee wrote:
>But these are mostly academic framework whereby all can be based upon…

Yes.

I'll disclose that there is a conflict of
interest as I do some (internet) security stuff.

>Anyhow before trusting anyone with a network or
>a security check better check the credentials…

During a debate a person stated that torrents can
be used to anonymize IP addresses. That is
incorrect. I preferred not to say anything about
that as the discussion would be confusing.

I suggest checking out the person's background if
you are entrusting a technical person with your
personal or company software or hardware. It's
difficult to talk about inappropriate security
practices on the island as it seems like a matter
of who is better qualified instead of whether
those security practices might cause a problem.

1. This does not mean that it is better elsewhere.