Re: Review of the Radio Plus debate themed "Cybercriminalité: sommes-nous bien armés ?"

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 2016 12:39:22 -0800

Hi Mike,
At 03:35 30-01-2016, Jules Mike Giovanni wrote:
>Please discard the previous e-mail. It got sent after I got the
>wrong keyboard combination down. (Apparently CTRL + ENTER =
>SEND_EMAIL for fastmail)

I was puzzled by the email. Thanks for the explanation. :-)

>If I was running a company and wanted to implement internet access
>all throughout my company, I would NOT bother myself much about the
>various technicalities around the network to implement. Moreover, I
>would outsource this job (i.e installing of the network) to another
>company and only worry myself about what my competitors are using.
>As long as the network to be implemented keeps me inline or ahead of
>my competitors and caters for the need of my company, I don't have
>any objection for installing this specific network. Little do I care
>about any law unless it is obstructive to the implementation of the network.

A customer hires me to provide advice about technical matters. I can
also point out issues which should be considered to be in line with
international practices and (local) legislation. For example, if
there might be a privacy issue I would notify the customer about
it. If an issue is outside my area of expertise I would advise the
customer to find a person with the necessary expertise.

>Can you expand more on the type of technical discussion?

I am open to having a discussion about the relevant standards, the
software which implement those standards, and the operational problems.