Re: Review of the Radio Plus debate themed "Cybercrim inalité: sommes-no us bien armés ?"

From: Jules Mike Giovanni <johnally_at_eml.cc>
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 2016 03:35:07 -0800

Hi SM,

*Please discard the previous e-mail. It got sent after I got the wrong
keyboard combination down. (Apparently CTRL + ENTER = SEND_EMAIL for
fastmail)*

> Are the companies installing those network
familiar with that or are they doing the installation because everyone
else does that?

If I was running a company and wanted to implement internet access all
throughout my company, I would NOT bother myself much about the various
technicalities around the network to implement. Moreover, I would
outsource this job (i.e installing of the network) to another company
and only worry myself about what my competitors are using. As long as
the network to be implemented keeps me inline or ahead of my competitors
and caters for the need of my company, I don't have any objection for
installing this specific network. Little do I care about any law unless
it is obstructive to the implementation of the network.

> What about the hotels which are providing access?

Same as above, there is no real need to browse through the law
concerning the "internet" access unless special attention is brought up
(i.e Awareness campaign by officials about "internet access" targeted
towards hotels)

> How will the customer react if a hotel does not provide internet
> access [1]?

In today's world, a hotel without internet access often target specific
type of tourists who want to cut themselves out of the material world
and the hotel itself is often located in remote places to fit that
specific need. However for other types of hotels, internet access has
become a "commodity". Tourists in these hotels rely on the internet
access to keep track with people abroad (i.e families and friends) or
some of these people residing in the hotels are business people which
require that internet access. Not implementing internet access in these
types of hotels will affect its business.

> I would be interested in a technical discussion about "sender". :-)

Can you expand more on the type of technical discussion?

Regards, Mike

--
http://www.fastmail.com - Accessible with your email software
                          or over the web