Re: Emtel outage on the submarine cable

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2016 12:10:02 -0800

Hi Yusuf,
At 10:35 28-01-2016, Yusuf Satar wrote:
>Could you please elaborate more on the said
>outage ­ the nature of such, its impact and any
>information regarding its resolution?

I have not received a reply from Emtel. The
announcement mentioned an outage on the submarine
cable. I did some tests and I did not find any
significant regional problem with the connection
between Mauritius and nearby countries. I did
not have time to run the appropriate tests. The
announcement mentioned that it would take two
weeks to fix. I am curious about the impact of
the outage as there hasn't been any reports about that.