Backdoor in security devices

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 2016 02:49:23 -0800

Dear Mr Usmani,

I'll disclose that there is a conflict of interest as I design
security devices. I avoided commenting about previous reports of a
backdoor in security devices from a well-known vendor because of
that. I could not find any advisory about the backdoor on the web
site of the Mauritian National Computer Security Incident Response
Team (CERT-MU) or on the web sites of the local resellers. I read a
recent report about attempts to "exploit" the backdoor.