Re: Government: Social media presence

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2016 04:50:42 -0800

Hi Ish,
At 02:09 19-01-2016, Ish Sookun wrote:
> "Almost 90% of all governments have an official Facebook
> presence, and 87 heads of state, 82 heads of government and 51
> foreign ministers maintain personal pages on the platform, reveals the study."
>
>Unfortunately, in Mauritius, Government's social media interaction
>is nonexistent. Should it change in 2016?

In past elections several candidates spent money on Facebook
campaigns. It is likely that government ministers already have a
personal page on Facebook. The Mauritius Police Force is on Facebook
[1] since 15 September 2015. I sent an email to the Ministry of
Technology, Communication and Innovation about the its social media
policy. I have not received any reply. I doubt that there will be
any change in 2016.

1. http://www.lexpress.mu/article/268887/police-branche-sur-reseaux-sociaux