Re: Do you have these stats ?

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2016 08:14:07 -0800

Hi Vincent,
At 05:52 17-01-2016, vincent pollet wrote:
>We are missing plenty of information in Mauritus as you know.
>
>Maybe someone of you have these information; I am looking for :
>1) Map of fiber availability in Mauritius
>(so far I just found that :
><http://lafibre.myt.mu/couverture-lafibre.php>http://lafibre.myt.mu/couverture-lafibre.php)

The is information about BTL coverage at http://www.btl.mu/coverage.html

I do not have a map. There is FTTH coverage in Port Louis, Plaine
Wilhems, Triolet and Grand Bay. I am not sure whether there is any
FTTH coverage in Tamarin.

>2) Any mobile statistics such has number of smartphone OS version etc...

I might share some statistics about mobile access in a few months.

>3) ISP comparison : We all knows Emtel, Orange ... but there are
>others ISP in Maurice DCL, Caldera ...

I suggest verifying the following as it might not be
correct. Mauritius Telecom handles 95% of non-local internet
traffic. DCL seems like a reseller of internet access as it uses the
Orange network. Kaldera sells internet access to
businesses. According to Emtel [1], its network is affected by
"cyclonic season, heavy rainfall, windy season and unusual
interference of wall".

1.
http://lists.elandnews.com/archive/mauritius/internet-users/2016/01/4839.html