Re: Do you have these stats ?

From: Ish Sookun <ish_at_lsl.digital>
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2016 19:35:14 +0400

Hi Vincent,

On 01/17/2016 05:52 PM, vincent pollet wrote:

> Maybe someone of you have these information; I am looking for :
> 1) Map of fiber availability in Mauritius
> (so far I just found that : http://lafibre.myt.mu/couverture-lafibre.php)

I have not come across such a map. It will be useful. Mind asking Orange
for it?

> 2) Any mobile statistics such has number of smartphone OS version etc...

Nope. I do not know of any such stats published. The Ministry of TCI
publishes about percentage of broadband penetration, which actually is
anyone using internet of speed higher than 256kbps. Other information
that you might get are number of fixed lines, mobile users, number of
computers in computer clubs etc ;-)

> 3) ISP comparison : We all knows Emtel, Orange ... but there are others
> ISP in Maurice DCL, Caldera ...

Though Kaldera is an ISP, it does not serve residential customers. I
live in a village where there is only one ISP that provides broadband
internet access. ISPs that provide broadband internet to residents are
Orange, Emtel, Bharat Telecom and MTML. I would say all of these ISPs
are competing in a "bloodshed" fight for market share in specific regions.

I drink coffee & manage Linux servers
for lexpress.mu.