Re: Awareness and education

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2016 02:04:55 -0800

Hi Ish,
At 00:59 13-01-2016, Ish Sookun wrote:
>The lack of participation will hinder the increase in the level of
>understanding. Worst, we might not even know the level of
>understanding. There might also be an interpretation that if
>something is given for free it must be of little worth.

Is it worth the effort to access the information? Will I be able to
solve a problem if "I'm feeling lucky"? One of the (non-local)
issues in a volunteer group was the lack of recognition. In a
community participation could be seen as being about sending
congratulatory notes; would that increase a person's prospects?

Education is a commercial activity. Participation is a business
activity. Does the lack of participation point to low (local)
internet-related business activities?