Re: Taking down the web app on privacy

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Jan 2016 10:46:25 -0800

Hi Logan,
At 10:40 08-01-2016, Loganaden Velvindron wrote:
>I noticed that you took down the web app on privacy. Personally, I am
>skeptical under which ground can the government ask you to take down an
>app which is not hosted by them.
>
>If you were hosting an app containing unappropriate images, or viruses,
>then it would be legitimate request.
>
>Can you explain the reasons behind ?

First of all, I would like to thank you for the comments which you
sent to a mailing list.

I was not provided any reason for the request to take down the
app. It was discouraging that there wasn't any support from people
who are supposed to be part of the Open Source Software community in
Mauritius. It is up to developers who would like to use a GPLv2
license to see how to solve the issues may might arise.