Re: MIU Logo

From: Tejas (Nirvan) Pagooah <"Tejas>
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2016 13:48:43 +0400

Hello Yuv & Yusuf,

Thank you for your response.

On 1/7/2016 11:37 PM, Yuv Joodhisty wrote:
> I second what Yusuf has said. None of them relates something to the
> internet according to me.

So, according to you, this is does not relate to the internet. I just
have a little question, from which perspective did you analyse the logo?
From a developer, designer, layman, internet user?That's just to
understand from what perspective you are commenting.

> I'd also vote for 11 as it is simple (with colours) and easy to
> understand while the others have some "designs" which barely
> communicate stuff to me.

Okay, do you have any other suggestions that can help me get to your
taste and communicate stuff to you?

> ​Well, i find the choice of colours good. It's not ​
> ​
> ​
> Red, Blue, Yellow and Green​
> ​ but instead some matching colours which can be related to Mauritius.

I guess this comment was useful enough compared to the other ones :)

> On Thu, Jan 7, 2016 at 10:16 PM, Yusuf Satar <fx_at_fluxy.net
> <mailto:fx_at_fluxy.net>>wrote:
>
> I fail to understand the meaning of the graphic in logos 4, 5, 9,
> 10, 12, 13 and 14; at best it looks like a (very) messy mail icon
> to me - the mail aspect is not bad per se, since it is a mailing
> list; for NOW, but this may change in the future.

I will write a separate email to describe the logo/emblem in details.

> The two other graphics in 7 and 8 give me a feeling of déjà vu,
> but I cannot remember where.

Okay.

> Thus no graphic seem to convey the concept of Internet or use
> thereof as far as I am concerned, whereas the Mauritian aspect
> seem to be covered by the background in logos 10 and 11.

Actually, some managed to dig a little bit to understand what the logos
you failed to understand meant. I will facilitate your work in my next
email.

> My vote would be none of the logos; but if I really HAD to, it
> would be logo 11.

Thank you.

> I must apologize for being so blunt for I would definitely be
> unable to produce a logo half the quality of any of those you have
> proposed yet it is difficult for me to comment otherwise.

Indeed, I should thank you for your response and that's how responses
should be. Criticism is the key to the perfect logo and from your
response, I managed to gather information that would surely help me to
do another logo that would certainly be appreciated by users.

Logo design involves lots of psychological understanding.

Apart from that, I have a question for both of you. I am sure you know
about CodePen [1], the famous front-end developer code playground. They
do have a logo [2]. My question is, what can you say about the logo with
respect to the site?

[1] http://codepen.io/
[2]
https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/2309242092/7um0112y4n9pvvlcodkl_400x400.png