Au fait, c’est quoi une startup?

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Jan 2016 06:34:05 -0800

Hello,

Vincent Pollet wrote an article about "Au fait,
c’est quoi une startup?" Dr Naiken commented
that there are many definitions of the word
[1]. A news article published in L'Express on 4
January mentioned that it is a buzzword. The
following was in the (non-local) news [2]:
"social-media firm pays slightly less than US$100
million for developer whose application is in
beta testing". Would the employee working at a
local start-up get rich if that happens?

An interesting term in the article written by
Vincent is "early adopters" [3]. "A common
problem for many individuals is how to speed up
the rate of diffusion of an innovation"
[4]. Nowadays, it is easier if the internet can
be used to do that. Are there people in Mauritius who are early adopters?

I agree with Vincent on: "Que les médias se font
l’écho sur le marché local et fassent connaitre
les projets au grand public". There is rarely
any interesting news article about tech; I am
ignoring the ribbon-cutting events.

1.
http://lists.elandnews.com/archive/mauritius/internet-users/2016/01/4722.html
2.