Re: Startup Mauritius

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Jan 2016 04:27:33 -0800

Hi Vivek, Arnaud, Elizabeth,

Thank you for expressing interest in start-ups in Mauritius. There
is a video of yesterday's event at
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Bsm3G-bd70 The discussion was timid
in comparison with what is done outside Mauritius. There were
several interesting points in the comments from the (local) panel
members. Although it would have been useful to discuss about those
points, I chose not to pursue them as it would not be possible to
cover such a discussion in an hour.

One reason to get together is to see whether we share a common
problem and whether we can make progress on finding a solution. I
don't have a direct interest in start-ups.

I am not optimistic about the incubator approach as it requires a
long-term investment. The friend and family approach is a limitation
as the "start-up" won't have the required expertise. A next step
could be to come up with a lean and agile approach to tackle some
common problem(s).