Re: Startup scene in Mauritius

From: vincent pollet <hello_at_ict.io>
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 2016 00:31:48 +0400

Hi SM and Dr Stephen Naicken

I agree and to add further confusion, there seem to be many
> definitions of the word [1].
>
> I've briefly browsed through the Ebene Accelerator website, ICT.io and
> other sources. To me, many of the companies that identify as startups
> would struggle to meet any of the definitions given in [1]. Many seem
> to be digital agencies rather than product/service providers.
>
> Maybe it is our reluctance to fail that leads us to creating SMEs
> where there is lower risk, rather than creating startups that try to
> scale quickly and consequently the risk of failure is higher.

Let's agree to disagree here :)

I will not comment Ebene Accelerator website but I think something is
missing in your comment.

It is true that some companies are digital agencies launching what they are
hoping to be scalable projects.

Actually ict.io is totally falling under this category but I don't see the
problem here ?

I think a good advice when you try to launch a startup is don't quit your
day job !
http://www.forbes.com/sites/shawnoconnor/2013/07/02/step-5-for-a-successful-startup-dont-quit-your-day-job/

Many seem to be digital agencies rather than product/service providers.

Digital agencies are services providers :)

​Sure. I've always wanted to see what goes on at the Ebene Accelerator, so
> I might try to reach out to them. If not, I think I'll probably drop by a
> ​MSCC Code and Coffee meetup later this month, and that might be good
> opportunity/environment to meet with you and others who may be interested.
> I'll let you know nearer the time.

Ebene Accelerator is officially closed since 30th of September but will be
fun to meet a Code and Coffee

Good night

*VINCENT POLLET *| *CO-FOUNDER*

*WWW.ICT.IO <http://www.ict.io/> *