Uberization

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Jan 2016 12:35:23 -0800

Hello,

I haven't seen anyone talking about Uberization in Mauritius. Over
the past year, I was curious about whether (local) people are aware
of it. There are signs that Uberization has touched the shores of
the island. It is not possible to estimate its impact on the island
as there isn't any statistics about that.

Uberization has a disruptive effect as it challenges the old ways of
doing business by taking advantage of the possibilities that the
internet offers. There are opportunities for Uberization on the
island for anyone who can identify the inefficiencies of the systems
and come up with ideas about how to compete and create a profitable
business out of it. The technology is already available in Mauritius.