Re: Fwd: Startup scene in Mauritius

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2015 01:42:21 -0800

Dear Mr Lacour,

Thank you for responding to the invitation. I apologize for the
short notice for the event. I hope to have the list of participants
settled within the next few days.

I suggested a panel discussion as it is an opportunity for the
participants to express their views about the start-up scene in
Mauritius. There will be a representative of the Ministry of
Technology, Communication and Innovation, a person who has been
involved in the Information Technology sector in Mauritius, two
persons who are interested in entrepreneurship and Mr Tamkivi on the
panel. I would like to allocate some time for Questions and Answers
so that the persons who are not part of the panel can also
participate in the discussion.

LSL Digital kindly offered to provide a venue for the panel
discussion. I plan to have the event on 4th January 2016 in the
morning. I am aiming for a one-hour session. I would like to have a
balanced panel instead of it being one-sided, e.g. too many persons
representing the same set of opinions.

The objective is to foster engagement. It is up to the persons
interested in seeing a start-up scene in Mauritius to determine
whether this is an opportunity or not.