Re: Startup scene in Mauritius

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2015 00:34:11 -0800

Hi Vincent,
At 02:38 28-12-2015, vincent pollet wrote:
>Let's agree to disagree here ;)

Ok. :)

>With the ecosystem structuring itself with incubators, private
>companies / Capital investors promoting entrepreneurs and a real
>political ambition to create an thriving environnement for startups
>it will not be surprising to see things changing in 2016.

What is missing in the above is the entrepreneurs. You may have
noticed that I invited government officials. It's up to the Ministry
of Technology, Communication and Innovation and the National Computer
Board to promote their policies if they see this as an opportunity to
do so. I invited two companies interested in investing to have that
side represented. One of them is on vacation until the 5th
January. I have not received any reply from the other company. I
also invited a few persons who expressed an interest in start-ups or
entrepreneurship. You may have read the replies.

As I see it, it is not possible to have a discussion if nobody talks
about the problems.