Testing for Source Address Validation on Emtel and Bharat

From: Loganaden Velvindron <logan_at_hackers.mu>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2015 13:09:48 -0500

Dear All,

A lot of the attacks on the Internet today, such as Distributed Denial of
Service, occur due to spoofing of the source address in network packets.

A few days ago, hackers.mu (A newly formed group) assessed how well Orange
implements security measures to protect against this. Surprisingly, Orange
Mauritius implements Source Address Validation, thereby preventing spoofed
packets from originating from its network.

We would like to extend our assessment to other ISPs. In particular, we
would be interested to test for Airbox and Bharat fiber optics network. We
contacted Orange & Emtel on twitter, but only Orange responded with a
meaningful answer (see here:
https://twitter.com/hackersdotmu/status/676707735648407553).

I therefore request assistance from Mauritius Internet Users to complete
this assessment.

Kind regards,
//Logan