Re: Government of Mauritius, confidentiality compromised

From: Ish Sookun <ish_at_lsl.digital>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2015 01:43:18 +0400

Hi Ajay,

On 12/09/2015 03:29 PM, Ajay R Ramjatan wrote:
> That was a long read on attrition but it still does not say with
> verifiable evidence whether the certification programmes of the
> EC-Council (Certified Ethical Hacker for example) are of worthless value
> in the real world or not. SM provided a link that had criticism of
> EC-Council as an employer by a few former employees. The attrition
> criticism does not talk about the 'worthiness' of the training
> programmes of the EC-Coucil.

Worthiness is subjective here. Someone looking to be a "hacker" on paper
would surely jump on this boat. Someone wishing to climb the ladder at
work might join the flock if his/her company 'trusts' the programme.
Someone who really intends to learn stuffs, will just do some research
on his own.

I was reading this
http://www.ethicalhack3r.co.uk/ec-council-ceh-unethical-behavior and
while I can't assess the authenticity of whatever is being said there, I
just find EC-Council being a big marketing organization rather than a
real council of E-Commerce consultants. My 2 cents here. As I said in my
blog post too, I leave it to people to read and decide.

I drink coffee & manage Linux servers
for lexpress.mu.