What has the Multi-Stakeholder Forum achieved?

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Dec 2015 07:54:58 -0800

Hi Shelly,

I sent the following message to the members of the Multi-Stakeholder Forum.

The last discussion between members of the Multi-Stakeholder Forum
was about the .mu domain names updates suspended. There hasn't been
any discussion about the drafts which were circulated after the
meeting held on Friday 12 June 2015. I am one of the representative
of the Mauritius Internet Users; I have been unable to discuss about
those drafts with the other members as my request about that was ignored.

I'll quote part of the Cabinet decisions taken on 28 September 2001:

   "Cabinet has noted that, in regard to internet domain names, the
    Ministry of Information Technology and Telecommunications -"

   "(ii) is making an application to the Internet Corporation for
         Assigned Names and Numbers( ICANN) for the administration
         of the country code top level domain name, i.e. the .mu,
         to be re-delegated to the Government of Mauritius."

We are reaching the end of the Year 2015. There hasn't been any
meeting of the Multi-stakeholder Forum over the last five months.

What has the Multi-Stakeholder Forum achieved?