Re: Privacy policy for www.govmu.org

From: Ish Sookun <ish_at_lsl.digital>
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2015 23:54:49 +0400

Dear Mr Bhoyroo,

On 11/27/2015 11:00 PM, S Moonesamy wrote:

> I am contacting the National Computer Board as it is the data controller
> for the www.govmu.org web site. I did a some research and I found out
> that a data controller is the person or persons making "a decision with
> regard to the purposes for which and in the manner in which any personal
> data are, or are to be, processed". I would be grateful if the
> person(s) could provide a reply to the following comments in a timely
> manner.

Nearly 2 weeks have elapsed and the Data Controller of the National
Computer Board did not respond on the above request. Is there any
difficulty answering those questions about privacy?

On 23 September 2015 I wrote [1] to the Ministry of Technology,
Communication and Innovation regarding some queries I had on the Privacy
Policy of govmu.org. At that time, no one from the ministry told me that
the National Computer Board is the Data Controller. I have a strong
concern regarding the mention of "telephony log data". Could you please
shed some light on that?

[1]
http://lists.elandnews.com/archive/mauritius/internet-users/2015/09/3534.html

I drink coffee & manage Linux servers