Re: CERT-MU existence?

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2015 01:37:27 -0800

Dear Mr Usmani,

I am copying this message to the Acting Director
the National Computer Board and the Chairman of
the National Computer Board for their information.

I read a message [1] from Mr Sookun about a
conference on "cybersecurity" "marquer la Journée
de la sécurité informatique 2015". The following
is from a judgement of the Supreme Court of Mauritius:

   "Witness Sookun gave expert evidence on behalf of the plaintiff as to
    the various types of risks and dangers to which the plaintiff will be
    exposed in this era of cyber hacking, email hacking and bank account
    hacking ..."

Irrespective of whether I agree or disagree with
Mr Sookun, it would be a show of bad faith if I
ignored his contributions on the topic of
"cybersecurity" in Mauritius. I find it
extremely strange that the Mauritian National
Computer Security Incident Response Team did not
invite Mr Sookun as a local resource person or as
a participant to the conference being held today.

The 2012 presentation [2] by the
Officer-in-charge of the Computer Emergency Response
Team of Mauritius lists "Home Users" as one of
CERT-MU's constituencies. Why is the "Home
Users" constituency always excluded from being
invited to events organised by CERT-MU?

1.
http://lists.elandnews.com/archive/mauritius/internet-users/2015/11/4238.html
2. https://www.icta.mu/documents/SADC2012/SADC_CERT-MU.pdf