RE: RHT Ltd etoile.mu service

From: Shelly Hermia Bhujun <shelly_hermia_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2015 00:07:57 +0400

Hello all,

Mr Ramana replied to my mail. :)

"Dear Mrs. Bhujun, In fact we had a Joint Venture (JV) with Payment Exchange (PEX) who was looking after the Etoile card system.Actually RHT BUS SERVICES Ltd is working on a new payment system called an Automatic Fare Collection system (AFC) which will be available in the coming month. That is why the Etoile card is still on our website as the new Smartcard will have the same name as “Etoile”. I remain at your disposal for any information you require."

It was indeed awkward to receive an abbreviation as a reply from the Managing Director but I appreciate the fact that he copied Mr Ramana in the mail so that he could help. :) I guess nobody ever sent them an email regarding such issue.
It is encouraging to discuss about such issues especially when they make an effort to reply on the same day.

> > I guess Shelly was more tempted at the "Etoile Card" service published on
> > rht.mu, which sounds more useful to a passenger, than a "smart line" service
> > which is not even published on their website.

Yes Ishwon you got it right and I was curious to ask for more information regarding this service.

> > The answer provided by Mr Sharma, apart from being non-helpful, creates more
> > work for someone to go find the meaning of JV, PEX, and to wait for Mr
> > Ramana who was supposed to contact Shelly shortly.

I was pleased to receive a reply from Mr Ramana. It is encouraging to know that they are working on innovative services regarding public transports.

Kind regards,
Shelly