RE: Latency Test with www.facebook.com

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Nov 2015 12:46:42 -0800

Hi Shelly,
At 08:42 05-11-2015, Shelly Hermia Bhujun wrote:
>I got the following reply from Orange regarding the latency test I
>did with www.facebook.com

[snip]

>________________________________________________________________________________
>
>Dear Ms Shelly Bhujun
>
>I refer to your email below.
>
>Please note that our fiber offers are meant for a better experience.
>
>The round trip delay (PING or latency) is beyond the control of MT
>due to the fact the servers are located globally and the routing of
>traffic is dynamic on the global Internet backbone.

Mrs Quenette, Mauritius Telecom, wrote that "our fiber offers are
meant for a better experience. She then explained that latency "is
beyond the control of MT". Does that mean that the fiber offers are
meant for a better experience but the customer will not experience
that improvement as it is beyond the control of Mauritius Telecom?

 From https://twitter.com/OrangeMauritius/status/657431794598416384

   "You are asked your teleephone line no. to check if there's a fault on
    your line to explain the high latency on Facebook"

It looks like the person who sent that reply tried to help in finding
an explanation for the high latency.