National Computer Board Act 1989

From: Ish Sookun <ish_at_hacklog.mu>
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2015 21:50:07 +0400

Dear Mr Phokeer,

I am contacting you as you are the Chairman of the National Computer Board.

A member of the public contacted me as I am a member of the ICT Advisory
Council and asked whether there is a provision of law that mandates the
National Computer Board or CERT-MU to look into internet security?

I went through the National Computer Board Act of 1989 and there is no
such provision. Can you confirm me under which provision of law does the
CERT-MU operate?

If there is no provision, then, it would seem that the CERT-MU is
operating illegally.

- Geek by birth, Linux by choice
- I blog at HACKLOG.mu