Re: Insecure Internet in Africa & Mauritius

From: Ish Sookun <ish_at_hacklog.mu>
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2015 21:33:34 +0400

Hello SM,

On 11/04/2015 09:13 PM, S Moonesamy wrote:

> The Chairperson of the ICT Advisory Council commented about "provision
> in the law" on 20 October. Could Ish or you, as members of the Council,
> comment on which provision of law gives National Computer Board or
> CERT-MU the mandate to look into internet security?

I went through the six pages of the National Computer Board Act of
*1989* and I do not see any provision for internet security.

As per Section 4(b) the National Computer Board is mandated to "foster
the development and growth of information technology, information
systems and computer related services in Mauritius". Archaic?

Doesn't that sound like 80's when ICT wasn't accessible to households in
Mauritius?

- Geek by birth, Linux by choice
- I blog at HACKLOG.mu