Re: www.lexpress.mu inaccessible

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Nov 2015 13:48:35 -0800

Hi Ish,
At 11:25 03-11-2015, Ish Sookun wrote:
>There was no DNS change on lexpress.mu. The "connection time out"
>which you mentioned earlier indicates that the server did not reply
>within an expected time. There could be several reasons behind that;
>and usually the "timeout" in itself does not speak much.

A "timeout" tells me a something. :-)

>There are a couple of things I need to investigate at the moment. So
>far, only you have reported a timeout. I will relate if it occurs again.

I asked Nadim and Shelly to test and they did not encounter any
problems. The web site uses elastic load balancing [1]. From an
application-level perspective I would not describe it as load
balancing. I agree that there wasn't any DNS change from your
side. There was a DNS change though.

1. https://aws.amazon.com/elasticloadbalancing/