Re: www.lexpress.mu inaccessible

From: Ish Sookun <ish_at_lsl.digital>
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2015 23:25:19 +0400

Hi SM,

On 11/03/2015 10:22 PM, S Moonesamy wrote:

> There was probably some (DNS) changes made after the issue was
> reported. As you accessed the web site [1] after that you won't
> encounter the issue.

There was no DNS change on lexpress.mu. The "connection time out" which
you mentioned earlier indicates that the server did not reply within an
expected time. There could be several reasons behind that; and usually
the "timeout" in itself does not speak much.

There are a couple of things I need to investigate at the moment. So
far, only you have reported a timeout. I will relate if it occurs again.

> 1. www.lexpress.mu uses several web servers. Your browser will display
> all of them as the same web site.

www.lexpress.mu hits an elastic load balancer and there could be several
webservers behind a load balancer :)

_at_Shelly, all webservers behind a load balancer will typically serve the
web client the same content. For example, if there are four webservers
and you use Firefox to browse www.lexpress.mu, the first time you may
hit server_3, second time server_1, then server_4 etc. On each of those
hits you should get the same webpage displayed otherwise something is wrong.