Re: 100 Mbps local access to the internet

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2015 11:45:19 -0700

Hi Nadim, Ish, Irshaad,
At 10:59 25-10-2015, Mohammad Nadim wrote:
>_at_SM: Since there is no relation, then what is preventing us from
>getting 10% of the possible capacity. I'm only getting 1% :-(
>Politics? Business?

I did a test with a server at Bharat Telecom Ltd (5 ms away). The
download speed was 97.5% of what is advertised for the internet
package. The upload speed was 82% of what is advertised.

According to the Information and Communication Technologies Authority:

   "The onus is on the consumers to use all available means at their disposal
    to resolve any complaint or dispute with their operator, or service
    provider based on the terms of contract or service level agreement
    (SLA). In turn the operators have an obligation to their customers
    to ensure that any complaint is resolved in a fair and timely manner."

What that means is that it is up to the person to file a complaint if
he or she gets 1% of what he/she is paying for.

At 11:27 25-10-2015, Ish Sookun wrote:
>I have requested SM that we do the necessary to formalize and
>register the group and get the required "legal" umbrella. That
>should help in many things. Otherwise, most of our discussions about
>getting 100Mbps might just be a bunch of paragraphs archived on the web.

Yes. I will follow up on your complaint. :-)

At 11:15 25-10-2015, Irshaad Abdool wrote:
>That's quite a problem here in Mauritius right? It's not a fact that
>can be proved, but it's quite challenging for private companies to
>settle-down here in Mauritius and contribute to the competition for
>better packages.

No. A fact is something which can be proven to be true. Bharat
Telecom Ltd and Emtel Ltd are selling internet service to consumers
is some regions in Mauritius.