Emtel packet loss

From: Loganaden Velvindron <loganaden_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Oct 2015 05:21:48 +0000

Hi Ashvin,

I'm replying to you, following your reply on LUGM mailing list.

My friend who subscribe to Emtel Airbox was initially very happy. He had
been a frustrated Orange customer. He's planning on switching back to
Orange.

Normally, with wireless connection we would expect some packet loss.
However, he says that the emtel packet loss are much more common, and it's
often ruining his internet experience. I am not a wireless expert, but a
high packet loss rate of 68% happening frequently is a problem, as TCP will
slow down while waiting for the packets to be re-transmitted.

In my humble opinion, Emtel should look into reducing the packet loss over
wireless to around 1/10th or 2/10th by increasing its wireless coverage for
Emtel AirBox.

https://www.emtel.com/airbox
Is Emtel committed to take corrective measures for the benefit of its
customers by deploying more antennas ?