Re: Is the ICT Advisory Council useful?

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2015 13:45:46 -0700

Hi Ish,
At 10:00 20-10-2015, Ish Sookun wrote:
>Unless the Ministry of Technology, Communication and Innovation
>decides to listen to the ICT Advisory Council, the latter will be
>regarded as a "rubber stamp".

Thank you for confirming that the ICT Advisory Council could be
regarded as a rubber-stamp.

>The council isn't vested with super-powers but citizens of Mauritius
>are. How many people so far have shown interest and complained to
>the TCI Ministry? The issue being, everyone is afraid of being
>bullied at work through shadowed political influence. As long as
>people will be scared and remain docile, no one will bother whether
>Ish, Avinash or Logan are trying to push forward something.

The subject of the emails which I sent to the Ministry of Technology,
Communication and Innovation is about internet-related matters or
technology. I have discussed about similar subjects outside
Mauritius. The lack of discussion about the internet in Mauritius
might explain why there isn't anything interesting happening.

>I sent several emails to the Ministry, did anybody bother? I (you
>and Logan as well) struggled for transparency in the .mu
>Multi-stakeholder forum, did anyone in the TCI Ministry bother? Who
>have tolerated such a culture? It boils down to be citizens.

The minutes of the last meeting will show that I discussed about
transparency with the Chair of that forum while Logan and you
remained quiet about the issue.

Why can't there be a polite and open discussion with the ICT Advisory
Council? How can the ICT Advisory Council understand the consumer's
concerns if there isn't any engagement with the consumer?