Re: Website that allows users to watch movies online for free.

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2015 02:16:58 -0700

Hi Sandeep,
At 00:40 19-10-2015, Sun wrote:

>That is very interesting and makes sense in the local context too.
>How many people in Mauritius actually walk to the 'videoclub' to buy
>Interstellar when the DVD is available? I personally do not know
>any. VOD services such as netflix and hulu are not available in the
>country, and MyT VOD brings the movies way too late for the common
>user to still have interest in the movie. People want to watch the
>movie when they want, not when its finally available months after the release.
>
>I was wondering, I'm I breaking any laws if I decide to use this
>website from Mauritius?

Are there still "videoclubs" in Mauritius? I vaguely recall seeing
some hawkers displaying DVD cases near an open market. I don't
remember whether people were buying DVDs.

My.T VoD is advertising the release of Jurassic World on 20
October. That's the same date as for the Blu-ray/DVD release [1]. A
VoD release usually happens a few weeks before the DVD release. I
could not find any regulation about private viewing of video streams [2].

1.
http://www.homemediamagazine.com/universal/jurassic-world-slated-disc-oct-20-digitally-oct-1-36519
2. excluding content which would be considered as illegal in a lot of countries.