Website that allows users to watch movies online for free.

From: Sun <s4ndeep1203_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2015 11:40:35 +0400

Hello,

I recently came across this website <https://browserpopcorn.xyz/> while
browsing Product Hunt.

It allows people to watch movies online for free. Now the obvious question
here is : What about copyright issues?

The author replied to that question as follows :

> I live in a country where copyright law is almost non-existant, and simply
> I don't care. I will keep moving the website, changing domains and
> providers... I don't need to earn a single penny from it, I just want to do
> it because I believe that piracy will eventually cause the streaming bubble
> to pop, and the movie studios will realize that:
>
> a) Geo-blocking is pointless - It just makes it more expensive to legally
> watch content (see VPNs+Netflix)
>
> b) Charging for a movie the same amount of money in the U.S. with the
> minimum wage of $7 and Serbia, with a minimum wage of less than $1. It's
> insane and causes people to pirate
>
> c) Legitimate streaming websites must not have any DRM and not include any
> proprietary codecs, as that causes the browser to be vulnerable due to the
> sloppy programming.
>
> d) Legitimate streaming websites must be available all over the world in
> all languages, with movies that people want to watch in that region.
>
> I Don't care about how that's "impossible". If they don't realize that,
> they're going to be "battling" piracy forever, and piracy always wins. You
> cut off one head, 5 more grow out.

That is very interesting and makes sense in the local context too. How many
people in Mauritius actually walk to the 'videoclub' to buy Interstellar
when the DVD is available? I personally do not know any. VOD services such
as netflix and hulu are not available in the country, and MyT VOD brings
the movies way too late for the common user to still have interest in the
movie. People want to watch the movie when they want, not when its finally
available months after the release.

I was wondering, I'm I breaking any laws if I decide to use this website
from Mauritius?

Thanks and Regards,

*RAMGOLAM Sandeep*
*Front-end Developer - Designer - Web Enthusiast - Gamer*