Re: ICTA annual report

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2015 08:44:58 -0700

Hi Avinash,
At 02:53 15-10-2015, Avinash Meetoo wrote:
>The ICT Advisory Council is not involved in the day-to-day running
>of the ICT Authority. As such, it is not possible for the Advisory
>Council to ask the Authority to publish its annual report in a timely manner.

Thank you for the reply.

Ish, Logan and you are part of the ICT Advisory Council. If none of
you view the absence of annual reports from the ICTA as a problem,
the question that arises is whether the ICT Advisory Council has an
interest in information related to the internet in Mauritius and
whether the Council actually looks into the effects of the tariff
policy adopted by the ICTA.

>On the other hand, I suppose a citizen can ask for a copy of the
>annual report to the Authority directly.

When an average person in Mauritius requests information from the
ICTA. e.g. a copy of annual report, the request is ignored.

I understand that an Advisory Council is not there to be involved in
the day-to-day running of the ICTA. However, if there is a pattern
of behaviour where consumer or citizen requests are ignored,
shouldn't the three persons on the ICT Advisory Council who are
supposed to represent the interest of consumers have a say?