Re: ICTA annual report

From: Ish Sookun <ish.sookun_at_lsldigital.mu>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2015 17:53:16 +0400

Hello Avinash,

On 10/15/2015 01:53 PM, Avinash Meetoo wrote:

> On the other hand, I suppose a citizen can ask for a copy of the annual
> report to the Authority directly.

The ICT Advisory Council should obtain the report quicker than if it's
requested by a citizen. I have politely requested information from
several government agencies (in particular the Ministry of Technology,
Communication and Innovation) and most of them were never entertained.
Some times the reply is inadequate and when I question further, it's
like in the void.

Requesting information from government agencies in Mauritius is not
easy. Netiquette would be an alien word to some officials and I strongly
deplore that when the official is from the Ministry of Technology. See,
if the top management of the Ministry themselves aren't tech-users, I
could not expect proper tech-progress. There is a tendency to occupy
seats till retirement. This culture is detrimental to creativity and
innovation.