Re: Laws to fight fake facebook profiles in Mauritius

From: Ish Sookun <ish.sookun_at_lsldigital.mu>
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2015 19:29:25 +0400

Hello SM,

On 10/07/2015 07:04 PM, S Moonesamy wrote:

> You also mentioned the above at
> http://hacklog.mu/question-regarding-fake-facebook-profiles-asked-in-parliament/
> According to the defimedia, Mauritius will seek a "legal mutual
> assistance" with the State of California. That's different from what
> you wrote. It will be easier for the police to identify the persons
> using fake Facebook profiles as it is a violation of the existing
> Facebook terms of service.

I took it from what lexpress.mu wrote "...l’Etat se tournera vers la
Californie."

I should not have added Facebook HQ, which I thought would clarify the line.

I find it weird that the Mauritian Government would request help from
the State of California while Facebook HQ should entertain requests
properly done by Cyber Crime Unit.

I will check the exact answer given by the Minister from the Hansard and
update my blog post.