Re: Apps on the cloud

From: Ish Sookun <ish.sookun_at_lsldigital.mu>
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2015 14:24:16 +0400

Hi SM,

On 10/02/2015 10:33 AM, S Moonesamy wrote:

> If a company uses the "cloud" it does not have to hire a system
> administrator as there isn't any maintenance work to be done. The
> software used, e.g. a lot of open software software, disappears from the
> picture as the company buys an "instance". The rest of the world is
> moving to on-demand processing [1] as easy access to the "cloud" makes
> that possible.

Even to manage Cloud solutions one needs sysadmin skills. You may have
eliminated the regular "maintenance" part but planning & designing isn't
done with a button's click.

One may use OSS for local development and staging process; while having
managed instances for production. As I say, it all depends on the
design. I do not see OSS being out of the picture.

The world is moving to on-demand processing due to time & cost factor,
which IMHO is justifiable.