Re: Apps on the cloud

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Thu, 01 Oct 2015 08:17:33 -0700

Hi Ish,
At 01:55 01-10-2015, Ish Sookun wrote:
>I was reading an article on thenextweb.com [1] and it mentions that
>the cloud isn't as robust as we think. What is your opinion on
>having cloud-based web applications?

The news article is about relying too much on the cloud. There are
advantages and disadvantages to using the "cloud". If you consider
the web application as important it is better to consider those
advantages and disadvantages before putting everything in the
"cloud". One of the disadvantages in Mauritius is that the "cloud"
is not close enough for some types of applications. One of the
advantages is that it can make Open Source Software "obsolete".
:-) Another advantage is that it is likely cheaper to use the "cloud".