RE: Social network sharing

From: Shelly Hermia Bhujun <shelly_hermia_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2015 21:53:52 +0400

Clicking on the 'favorite' option is not only done by people in Mauritius but worldwide. I think it is because of the 'like' button regularly used by Facebook Users. People are inclined to favorite tweets as they usually confuse that option with the Facebook 'like' button + there are more Facebook users than Twitter users.

> I noticed that people in Mauritius click on "Favorite" most of the
> time. Favouriting a tweet is normally used to show appreciation or
> to "bookmark" a tweet.

Yes, the favorite option is for people to save/bookmark a particular tweet.

 If a person is interested in a tweet it is
> better to "retweet" instead of clicking on "favorite". The person
> could also reply with a comment.

I agree, it seems that the tweet gain more prominence when it retweeted.

> A social network is interesting when people share something beyond
> the usual group of "friends". If you find something interesting it
> is better to share it. There is a lack of engagement when there
> isn't any retweet or reply. It also shows that the person is not active.

Unfortunately I don't know a lot of active Twitter users in Mauritius because we are living on a Facebook Island.

Kind regards,
Shelly