Technical specifications for National Identity Card

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2015 01:55:29 -0700

Dear Mr Hawabhay,

I am writing to you as you might be able to redirect my request to a
technical person who might understand it.

At http://csd.pmo.govmu.org/English/Pages/Services.aspx there is a
URL for "Issue of National Identity Card" which links to
"mnic.mu". The DNS reply for mnic.mu is as follows:

   ;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: SERVFAIL, id: 62678
   ;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 0, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 0

   ;; QUESTION SECTION:
   ;mnic.mu. IN A

   ;; Query time: 4997 msec
   ;; SERVER: 202.123.2.6#53(202.123.2.6)

I would be grateful if the above issue could be resolved so that I
can read about the "Issue of National Identity Card".

I searched for the technical specifications for the National Identity
Card to understand whether it is "safe" or not. Unfortunately, there
isn't any information available. I assume that you are aware that,
nowadays, "security through obscurity" is frown upon as it provides a
misleading sense of security.

I would be grateful if I could be provided with the technical
specifications in order to understand whether the National Identity
Card is "safe".