Re: Banning of Facebook

From: Ish Sookun <ish.sookun_at_lsldigital.mu>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2015 23:22:04 +0400

Hi Shelly,

On 09/11/2015 10:07 PM, Shelly Hermia Bhujun wrote:

> I know that we can report someone's FB profile and the later will be
> asked identification proof in case it's a fake
> profile or if a picture and unwanted comments are posted. Does Facebook
> have a record of the number of FB
> Profiles reported per Country because I couldn't find one.

I did not find information related to fake profiles reported by country.
The calculation could be tricky if it's done though. Should it be based
on the origin of the fake profile (which could be in turn based on the
source IP address or selected country in the profile)? Or should it be
based on the location from which the profile is reported? Here again
we'll have a bunch of complexity whether the reporting account is from a
region IP-wise or country set in profile.

Some interesting information can be compiled from the this document [1]
which Facebook filed with the US Securities and Exchange Commission.

[1]
http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1326801/000132680115000015/fb-3312015x10q.htm