Re: hacklog.mu

From: Ish Sookun <ish.sookun_at_lsldigital.mu>
Date: Sat, 5 Sep 2015 18:31:20 +0400

Hi SM,

On 09/05/2015 10:11 AM, S Moonesamy wrote:

> Why did hacklog.in switch to hacklog.mu?

I use to tell people I bought a .in domain in 2011 and it cost me
approximately $1.99 for the first year. Currently, it's renewal fee is
$5.99.

Back in 2011, .mu domains would cost above Rs 2500/yr and I found it
ridiculous. However, throughout the years while blogging, my posts have
remained targeted towards Mauritians. Then I realized I should rather
have a .mu domain as I am missing a great opportunity to put Mauritius
forward. The .mu domain seems fit for the blog, though I still do not
agree to the price and other issues surrounding .mu. Much of the .mu
issues have been discussed on this mailing list; especially in
connection with the .mu Multi-Stakeholder Forum.

By the way, talking of the forum, our dear friends from the government
made up a round-table of experienced people to only have as solution
that a foreigner be brought to solve the .mu issue. I wonder if the
forum progressed on their mission to re-delegate the .mu management to
another entity.

For quite some time I remained in a dilemna whether to keep using .in or
switch to .mu. Then I talked to an older and more experienced person who
advised me that my blog would have more "value" with regards to my
content if I use the .mu domain. I trust that instinct and switched :)