Re: Bufferbloat explained

From: Loganaden Velvindron <loganaden_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Aug 2015 15:52:21 +0000

On Sat, Aug 29, 2015 at 3:42 PM, Ish Sookun <ish.sookun_at_lsldigital.mu>
wrote:

> Hi SM,
>
> On 08/29/2015 07:20 PM, S Moonesamy wrote:
>

>> Is anyone using OpenWRT with fq_codel?
>>

> I am planning to, as Logan's presentation today was interesting. I have a
> spare router on which I can experiment if it's in the OpenWRT hardware list.
>
> Great. I would advise getting the TP-link TL-WR841N/ND. You might hit into
issues with other OpenWRT supported routers due to the binary blob. A
binary blob cannot be improved for BQL support, so you wouldn't be getting
maximum benefits out of the money you spent. The TL-WR841N has an atheros
chipset, whose code is open source. For broadcom-based OpenWRT, you'll be
stuck with a binary blob, and no BQL support...

> _at_Logan
> One question which I forgot to ask though, you said you're using the "La
> Fibre Livebox" in bridged mode, then for My.T TV you're still using the
> Livebox or you configured that in the TP-Link router?

We don't watch MyT TV here :) Doing the bridge mode setup will remove the
MyT TV functionality.

However, I believe that you can also do the 2 layer NAT setup that I
described as an alternative, if you want to keep the MyT TV option.